The Scientific Diving & Small Boat Safety Committee (SD-SBSC) is comprised of faculty, trainees, and staff members from academic departments involved in scientific diving. The committee also includes members from the Environmental Health and Safety Department (EHS), Risk Management, and International Programs. Committee representatives are appointed by the Vice President of Research Compliance: Dr. Ara Tahmassian.
Below is the list of the current members of the Committee:
- Dr. Leslie Kaufman – Professor of Biology, Committee Chair
- Dr. Phil Lobel – Professor of Biology, Diving Safety Officer
- Dr. Pete Buston – Assistant Professor of Biology
- Dr. John Finnerty – Professor of Biology, BUMP director
- John Majoris – Graduate Student in Biology
- John KurKomelis- Senior Specialist, Environmental Health & Safety
- Paul Clancy – Director of Risk Management
- Joseph Finkhouse - Associate Director of Health, Safety & Security, Global Programs
For the information about the Dive Safety Committee membership, please contact email@example.com.