Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
Boston University has adopted a Plan for Instruction in the Responsible Conduct of Research and Mentoring of Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Researchers. This plan provides a road map for the University’s comprehensive development and oversight of instructional programs in the responsible conduct of research (i.e., research ethics) in the sciences. The plan covers students (both undergraduate and graduate), postdoctoral fellows, and faculty mentors.
The plan also addresses compliance with updated NIH and NSF regulations, which require responsible conduct of research (RCR) training for specified awards and individuals.
- Choosing the Right RCR Level and Program for You
- Registering for Advanced RCR Workshops
- Checking Your RCR Completion Status
For Faculty & Principal Investigators
- Submitting an NIH or NSF Award Covered by RCR Requirements
- Proposing an Alternative RCR Program at BU