Putting Booties On
- Enter the facility in the “no-booties needed” area.
- Put on lab coat and other PPE. Put gloves in your pocket.
- Put on the first bootie and step into the clean area by crossing the tape on floor.
- Then, putting on the second bootie, step with both feet into the clean area.
- Put your gloves on and proceed to animal areas.
Taking Booties Off
- Start with both feet in the clean area with booties on.
- Take off the first bootie and step into the “dirty” area by placing foot, without bootie, across the green line.
- Remove the second bootie and step into the “no-booties needed/dirty” area.
- Remove the rest of your disposable PPE, place in trash barrel, and exit.