The Boston University Student Link is an online resource where you can
access information about your status as a Boston University student, such
as grades, class schedules and enrollments, financial aid, housing, and
How to Access Student Link
You can log in to Student Link by visiting www.bu.edu/studentlink from
any Web browser.
How to Navigate Student Link
The home page contains tabs representing the different content areas
Link—click on any area to learn more about it. Many areas of Student
Link are available to all students—these areas are marked with italic
font and you do not need a password to enter them.
However, some information on Student Link is specific to you—like
your grades and enrollment status. To access these areas, Student Link
will prompt you to enter your Boston University login name and Kerberos
password, which you will obtain after you have been accepted into a
Boston University Online program. Please note that only degree- and certificate-seeking
students will receive a Kerberos password.
If you encounter any technical problems when using Student Link, or if
you have questions, call the Link Support Line 617-353-LINK (5465).
What can I do on Student Link?
The following are just a few examples of the information you may
request, access, and update on Student Link:
The Academic Section
- View the list of courses for which you are registered by selecting Current
- View a comprehensive list of courses you have taken at Boston University
by selecting Classes
- View your grades by selecting Grades
- Print an unofficial copy of your transcript by selecting Transcript
- Select University Class Schedule to browse or search
the entire list of Boston University course offerings by semester and
College. The University Class Schedule provides details on meeting times,
locations, and available seats for each course.
The Money Matters Section
- View and pay your tuition balance by selecting Student
- Check the status of a financial aid request by selecting Your
- Read about financial aid options by selecting General Financial
The Personal Section
- View and update your address, phone number, and emergency contact
information by selecting Address
- View your Personal Profile—this is the University’s
record of your birth date, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, and marital
- View the University’s record of your name by selecting Identification.
For security reasons, the name will be displayed for 10 seconds. If you
name is listed incorrectly, you can contact the Office of the University
Registrar at 617-353-3612
- Specify whether you would like your contact information to be available
to the Boston University community by selecting Data Restriction.
When you first enter Boston University your address is made available
to the University community—you may choose to specify that your
address not be distributed. Note that your information will not be
available to individuals outside of the Boston University community,
no matter how you set your restrictions