In order to receive BU Law’s Master of Laws in Taxation, students enrolled in the fully online option must complete 24 credits of coursework.
- All online students are expected to complete the degree requirements within four years.
- Twenty-four (24) credits are required to complete the degree program.
- The Federal Income Tax (4 cr) course is a prerequisite or co-requisite for the Taxation of Corporations and Shareholders (4 cr), Partnership Tax 1 (2 cr) and International Tax (4 cr) courses.
- Requirements and prerequisites can be waived based on prior coursework.
- State and Local Tax (2 cr)
- Taxation of Corporations and Shareholders* (4 cr)
- Making Tax Law (2 cr)
- Tax & Technology (1 cr)
- Tax Issues in Special Needs & Elder Law (3 cr)
- Tax Practice, Procedure and Standards* (4 cr )
- Federal Income Tax* (4 cr)
- Estate & Gift Tax (3 cr)
- Partnership Tax 1* (2 cr)
- N.E. Dommissioners (2 cr)
- Tax Accounting (2 cr)
- FAS 109, FIN 48, SOX 404 (1 cr)
- Federal Income Tax* (4 cr )
- International Tax* (4 cr)
- U.S. Transfer Pricing* (2 cr)
Visit the Boston University Online Course Schedule to view all current and upcoming courses.
To learn more about BU Law’s online Graduate Tax Program option, contact an admissions advisor at 877-308-9945 or visit the program website.