#3, Best Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs (U.S. News & World Report 2015).
The Master of Science in Computer Information Systems concentration in Security provides students with:
- In-depth knowledge of emerging security threats
- Solutions to guarantee secure networks and computer systems
- The ability to identify, develop, and implement highly secure networks
that support organizational goals
- Preparation for a career as an information security analyst, system
analyst, or information system leader
Students who complete the Computer Information Systems masterís degree concentration in Security will be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge in the analysis and documentation of requirements for architecture, design, and implementation of computer applications systems.
- Proficiency in software and computing skills as they pertain to the design and implementation of database systems, data communications, systems analysis, and design.
- Competence sufficient to identify current and emerging information technologies that may have strategic value for enterprise; assess where those technologies have value; and manage the implementation of those technologies in the enterprise.
- Advanced knowledge of information security concepts, governance, biometric systems, and database systems security, as well as network security and cryptography.
- Proficiency in risk management, such as asset assessments, architectural solutions, modeling, and design.
- Competence in security policies, processes, technology, and operations.
Students must complete the six core online Master of Science in Computer Information Systems core courses in addition to the two Concentration in Security required courses and two additional courses.
Please complete this form to receive more information about your program of interest, application deadlines, as well as opportunities to attend online information sessions (webinars).