#2, Best Online Graduate Computer Information Technology Programs (U.S. News & World Report 2014).
The Master of Science in Computer Information Systems concentration in Computer Networks offers a broad foundation in information technology, along with:
- An in-depth exploration of computer data communication and modern networking
- A comprehensive examination of network design and implementation, network performance analysis and management, network security, and the latest networking technology
- Extensive hands-on experience, enabling students to analyze, design, procure, manage, and implement cutting-edge computer networking solutions and technologies
Students who complete the Computer Information Systems masterís degree concentration in Computer Networks will be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge in the analysis and documentation of requirements for architecture, design, and implementation of computer applications systems.
- Proficiency in software and computing skills as they pertain to the design and implementation of database systems, data communications, systems analysis, and design.
- Competence sufficient to identify current and emerging information technologies that may have strategic value for enterprise; assess where those technologies have value; and manage the implementation of those technologies in the enterprise.
- Advanced knowledge of data communication protocols and networks; of issues involved in multi-access media, including wired and wireless; performance analysis of networks; and management of large networks.
- Proficiency in data communication protocols and networks, including error control and flow control, distributed synchronization, error detection and correction, and forwarding and techniques to implement it.
- Competence sufficient to design, specify, and develop data transfer protocols for specific purposes; design, specify, plan, and define networks of any size; and analyze, evaluate, and select network technologies.
Students must complete the six core online Master of Science in Computer Information Systems core courses in addition to the four Concentration in Computer Networks required courses.
Please complete this form to receive more information about your program of interest, application deadlines, as well as opportunities to attend online information sessions (webinars).