International Marketing, Graduate Certificate
The International Marketing graduate certificate introduces innovative marketing concepts, focusing on Internet-enabled approaches combined with the marketing skills necessary for today’s highly competitive and international environment. You will learn Internet-based marketing skills such as web design, SEO, and SEM, and develop an appreciation for the power of social media. Through partnerships with universities around the world, the program offers a truly unique opportunity to take online courses in English with MBA students worldwide, learning about marketing and business in Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. In our specially designed international course series, you will learn from partner university professors while engaging with students employed in the region’s corporations. The certificate is truly an exciting opportunity to learn the new marketing skills necessary for competition in today’s highly sophisticated web environment—while engaging with fellow students around the globe.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in International Marketing will be able to demonstrate:
- Specific marketing skills, building on the basics to include web design, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), email Marketing, and pay–per-click (PPC). Students will also have mastered related marketing concepts, including social media marketing.
- Project management life cycle
- The skills necessary to design and optimize websites, and engage in a broad range of innovative marketing techniques.
- Knowledge and expertise of international marketing and management that enables them to successfully compete in the global economy.
Why Choose BU’s Graduate Certificate in International Marketing?
- Four-course certificate program comprises courses shared by the MS in International Marketing Management, ranked #6 among the nation’s Best Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBAs) by U.S. News & World Report.
- Learning from expert faculty from MET’s Department of Administrative Sciences, students will gain the marketing skills necessary for today’s highly competitive and international environment.
- Boston University certificate programs comprise just four courses (16 credits) and provide essential skills and capabilities in high-growth industry areas. Certificate programs also provide a pathway to Metropolitan College management degree programs.
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers
9% increase in jobs through 2024
$124,850 median annual pay in 2015
5% increase in jobs through 2024
$113,860 median annual pay in 2015
Market Research Analysts
19% increase in jobs through 2024
$62,150 median annual pay in 2015
Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition
Boston University’s Graduate Certificate in International Marketing consists of four required online courses (16 credits).
Boston University will recognize credits earned toward the Graduate Certificate in International Marketing as the equivalent of the specialization requirements for the Master of Science in International Marketing Management.
(Four courses/16 credits)
Provides a detailed examination of how businesses can successfully use Internet and Web technology. Students are introduced to the concepts and issues of electronic commerce. Topics include comparison of e-commerce procedures, payment mechanisms, applications in different industry sectors, security, the challenges of starting and maintaining an electronic business site, as well as a comparison with traditional business practices. [4 credits]
METAD737 Innovative Marketing Techniques
Prereq: MET AD648
Marketing approaches have been significantly altered with the advent of the Internet. This course provides a view of marketing for the twenty- first century. Special emphasis is provided on the impact of new Internet marketing techniques, research using data mining and metrics, search engine optimization, reaching consumer markets through the new business models associated with social communities, blogs, and other Web 2.0 structures. 4cr. [4 credits]
Plus two electives selected with advisor’s approval.
Associate Professor of Administrative Sciences; Director of International Academic Initiatives
PhD, Florida State University; MBA, Wilmington College; MA, BA, University of Delaware
Associate Professor of the Practice of Administrative Sciences
PhD, MS, BS, Dresden University of Technology
To learn more or to contact an enrollment advisor before you get started, request information using the button below and tell us a little about yourself. Someone will be in touch to answer any questions you may have about the program and detail the next steps in earning your degree. You can also start your application or register for a course at Metropolitan College.