What kinds of issues can the ombuds help with?
Any type of University-related problem may be brought to the ombuds office by any member of the BU community. Here are examples of common problems the Ombuds handles.
- Requests for clarification of a policy or process.
- Help dealing with concerns about conflicts.
- Help dealing with concerns about unethical, uncivil, or inappropriate behavior.
- Help dealing with perceptions of financial malfeasance.
- Questions about health and life safety.
- Concerns about office politics, workplace climate, and work equity
- Questions about intellectual property.
- Guidance on how to have difficult conversations and communicate respectfully.
- Problems with institutional non-responsiveness and red-tape.
- Concerns about procedural fairness or due process.