Previously, Dr Albuquerque was at the Simon School of Business at the University of Rochester. He has also taught at the Portuguese Catholic University.
Dr Albuquerque has consulted for the Centre of Applied Studies of the Portuguese Catholic Univerity, the Bank of Portugal and the World Bank.
He was distinguished in 2003 by the European Central Bank with the Lamfalussy Fellowship. Dr Albuquerque holds a B.A. (magna cum laude) in Economics from the Portuguese Catholic University, and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in Economics from the University of Rochester where he won the Kaplan Award for the best graduate student of the Department of Economics
Areas of Expertise:
- International Finance
- Equity portfolio allocation and currency markets
- Welfare costs of private benefits
- Weak corporate governance
- Extraction of private benefits
- Quantifying private benefits
- Investor trading in stock markets