The Boston University media kit is a resource for members of the media looking for information on the University. Here you will find guidelines for logo usage and shooting photography or video on campus, information about our campus TV and radio studio, and listings of BU publications.
Want to know more about BU?
Today, Boston University’s 16 schools and colleges enroll more than 32,500 students from all 50 states and 135 foreign countries. As a private urban research university, we offer over 250 professional and liberal arts and sciences programs. Click here for more information.
Campus TV & Radio Studio
Boston University has an on-campus studio facility for live or pre-taped television and radio interviews.
Contacts and Technical Information
To arrange for an interview, please work through a Boston University public relations contact. If you are not already working with a staff member, please contact:
We are equipped with a Readycam. Television networks should call Videolink at 617-340-4300 to book the camera and then confirm the booking with your PR representative. To reach someone immediately, please call the Public Relations office at 617-353-2240.
To make technical arrangements for a radio interview, please call our office at 617-353-2240. For ISDN connectivity, we use a Zephyr XStream Telos system. We can transmit in most codecs (L2 Mono 128, G.722, etc.). The ISDN numbers are 617-358-5404 and 617-358-5405.
Photo, Video & Logo Guidelines
Shooting Photography or Video at Boston University
Boston University is a beautiful, open, and vibrant urban campus abounding with students, faculty, and visitors.
News media are welcome to photograph or shoot video of University buildings and scenes using the public sidewalks and ways. For permission to shoot on University property, please contact Public Relations at 617-353-2240.
Generally, filming is not allowed in classrooms or student residences. Public Relations may also be able to provide news media with some B-roll requests, such as classroom instruction, laboratory research, or campus beauty shots.
General guidelines for the visual and verbal articulation of the Boston University brand, as well as specific directions for the application of our updated logo and related elements, can be found by visiting the Brand Identity Standards website.
African Presidential Archives & Research Center
College of Arts & Sciences
- Arts & Sciences Magazine
- African Studies Center
- Classical Studies
- Arion: A Journal of Humanities and the Classics
- Institute for the Classical Tradition
- Computer Science
- Core Curriculum
- International Relations
- Modern Languages & Comparative Literature
- Writing Program
College of Communication
- COM Newsletter
- COMTalk (alumni magazine)
- The Comment (COM graduate student magazine)
- American Journal of Media Psychology
- Public Relations Journal
College of Engineering
College of Fine Arts
- ESPRIT (alumni magazine)
College of General Studies
College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College
Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
Metropolitan College (Continuing Education)
School of Education
- @SED (alumni magazine) (sign-up required)
- School of Education: StepUP Newsletter
- CCSR Newsletter, online newsletter for the Center for Character & Social Responsibility (CCSR)
- BUILD Newsletter (Boston University Initiative for Literacy Development)
School of Hospitality Administration
- Check-In (alumni magazine)
School of Law
- Review of Banking & Financial Law
- American Journal of Law & Medicine
- Boston University Law Review
- Boston University International Law Journal
- Journal of Science & Technology Law
- Public Interest Law Journal
School of Management
- SMG Honors Program
School of Medicine
- MED Alumni E-Newsletter
- MED Campus & Alumni News (pdf current issue)
- Department of Medicine
School of Public Health
School of Social Work
- Currents (Alumni Magazine)