Boston University to Host Symposium Marking 150 Years of National Banking
For Immediate Release
Contact: Richard Taffe, 617/353-2240, email@example.com
Comptroller of the Currency Curry, Volcker, Bair, Dodd and Frank among participants
(Boston) — The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) commemorates its 150th anniversary at a symposium – “Building on 150 Years: The Future of National Banking” – hosted by the Boston University Center for Finance, Law & Policy on March 31, 2014, at Boston’s Hynes Convention Center.
All sessions are open to the media (see here for agenda) and individual interviews with conference participants will be considered upon request.
Participants at panels at the all-day event will include:
- Comptroller of the Currency Thomas J. Curry
- ex-Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker
- ex-FDIC Chair Sheila Bair
- ex-U.S. Sen. Christopher Dodd
- ex-U.S. Rep. Barney Frank
- Financial Services Roundtable President and ex-Minn. Gov. Timothy Pawlenty
- ex-Citicorp Chairman John Reed
- Sharon Bowles, chair of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament.
For media credentials, contact:
Director, Public Affairs Operations
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Event: “Building on 150 Years: The Future of National Banking”
Date: Monday, March 31, 2014
Time: all day
Place: Hynes Convention Center, 900 Boylston St, Boston
— 30 —