Neuroscience Update – June 8, 2018

Hello Neuroscience majors!

I hope you’re having a wonderful summer doing exciting things! In fact, if you’re doing something interesting this summer, the Undergraduate Neuroscience Social Media team would like you to let them know here.
Here are a few updates for you:
1) Take a look at our new site!

We’re excited to announce that the new Neuroscience website went live a few days ago! Take a look at bu.edu/neuro.

On the site, you’ll find several useful tools and resources, and I will be posting these weekly emails here for easy access.

2) BU Summer Term Academic Immersion in Medicine Program

Boston University Summer Term is looking for undergraduate students to volunteer to lead a hands-on neuroscience lab for high school students. Academic Immersion: Introduction to Medicine (AIM) provides rising juniors and seniors a broad introduction to the field of medicine, combining coursework in related sciences with experiential learning activities.

To introduce students to neuroscience, AIM is coordinating a hands-on lab on August 1st and August 2nd from 1-4:30pm. If you are interested in helping to prepare and lead this lab, please email me.

3) Summer Orientation Leaders

If you’re leading orientation groups this summer, please let me know.

4) Rising Seniors: 2018-2019 Senior Thesis

Rising seniors, if you are interested in pursuing a senior thesis in the upcoming academic year, I’ve attached a complete list of guidelines including instructions for the application, which will go live in the next few weeks. Please review the document and let me or Dr. Hattori (shattori@bu.edu) know if you have any questions.

Thanks for reading, and talk to you soon!