Hello Neuroscience majors!
To any new neuroscience majors, welcome to our program!
Important note: Today is the last day to drop a class with a W.
Seniors, if you haven’t done so already, please fill out this form to indicate whether you’ll be walking at graduation.
1) Summer Volunteer Opportunity
Dr. Sharon Dekel and the PTSD Research Program at Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry are seeking volunteer students to assist with conducting cutting-edge clinical research to improve the mental health of women following childbirth. The student will have direct contact with study subjects and take part in their recruitment, screening, and assessment. Duration of job: Minimum 3 months with start date May/June 2018. Weekly commitment: 8 hrs.
Contact Dr. Sharon Dekel (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
2) Volunteers needed at Commencement
If you will be in Boston, I am looking for 4-5 volunteers to help with the Neuroscience convocation on Sunday, May 20. If you’re available from about 8am-noon on that day, please let me know! I will also need at least 2 people to take photos throughout the ceremony.
As an incentive, you’ll get free food at the convocation reception!
3) Advising & Registration
As a reminder, registration begins on April 15. Please make an appointment with your academic advisor to receive your code if you haven’t done so already.
Seniors, here are the same few tasks for you to complete as soon as possible.
- A) Indicate whether you will be walking. Use this formto indicate whether you will be attending the May 2018 neuroscienceconvocation and how many guests you expect to bring. We need to have an accurate list of all graduates who will be walking, so please complete this form right now (or as soon as possible).
- B) Submit a baby picture and current picture of yourself. At the neuro convocation, we like to do something special, for which we need a current and baby picture of yourself. Use this formto submit your photos by April 1st. So far we’ve only gotten 24 pictures, which means there are at least 50 of you who still need to submit.To avoid potential embarrassment, I recommend submitting those photos soon.
- C) Invite faculty members to the neuro convocation.If there is a faculty member who has made a difference in your undergraduate education or has been a mentor to you, please invite them to theneuroscience All faculty are welcome. Please let me know who you are inviting so I can maintain a list.
6) Important Upcoming Dates
March 30: Last Day to Drop Standard Courses with a ‘W’
April 15: Rising Seniors and Juniors Register for Fall 2018
April 16: Patriots’ Day Holiday, Classes Suspended
April 18 (Wednesday): Substitute Monday Schedule of Classes
April 22: Rising Sophomores Register for Fall 2018
Thanks for reading! If you have any comments/recommendations for these emails, please let me know here. Have a great weekend!