Resources you may need for the Registration Process are listed below. Includes Forms, Important Dates, Course Information, Account and Other Resources (Student Accounts, IT, Room Access and more), Policies and Procedures.
NOTE TO NEW STUDENTS: Check your BU Email address! The College of Engineering sent out Early Bird emails to BU email addresses in mid June. The Division emailed advisor assignments, Orientation and Registration information on June 22.
New Students, refer to the Orientation Guide for:
- Registration Process
- New Student Checklist
- International Students Resources
- Life in Boston
- Registration Form
- Certificate of Full-Time Study
- Petition for Directed Study/Independent Coursework Required for 900-level courses
- Petition Form
- MEng Program Planning Sheet (Fall 2014)
- MS (Thesis) Program Planning Sheet (Fall 2014)
- MS (Non-Thesis) Program Planning Sheet (Fall 2014)
- PhD Program Information (Note to post-BS PhD students: be sure to consult the MS (Thesis) Program Planning Sheet too!
Important Dates & Compliance
- Registrar: Important Dates Academic Calendar, Semester Dates, Registration Start/Times, Final Exam Schedule, Withdrawal or Leave of Absence Refund Schedule, Graduation Dates
- Registrar: Compliance Medical Immunization Status, BU Alert Number, MA Motor Vehicle Law
Course and Program Information
- Fall 2016 Course Schedule
- Fall 2015 Course Schedule (updated 4/3/15)
- MSE Spring 2016 (draft)
- University Course Schedule
- Course Descriptions
- MEng Technology Leadership Courses
- SMG Technology Leadership Courses & Contact Info
- Fillable Cross Enrollment Form For Current BU Students 9.3.14
- NOTE: Send your Cross Enrollment Form to firstname.lastname@example.org in the SMG Graduate Programs Office. Be sure to indicate on the form that you need the 4 credit option.
- You can register yourself for OB8 48 E1 via the StudentLink
- PhD Advanced RCR Requirement
Account & Other Resources
- Career Development Office (ENG) Information about co-ops, internships and job searching
- Convenience Points Use to buy meals at the GSU, BU Pub, dining halls; buy textbooks; and more!
- Graduate Student Financial Responsibilities
- BU Housing
- International Students & Scholars Office
- IT Help Center
- BU Maps
- Online Room Access to the following rooms
- Division Graduate Student Code – Division Grad Students Only
- EMB (15 St. Mary’s) 121A Kitchen
- First Year PhD Student Office Space (select the office you are assigned to)
- Student Accounting Office, Payment deadlines, plans, etc.
- Student Business Cards
- Student Central Learn about Convenience Points etc
- Student Health Services
- Student Link Account information, Compliance, Online Registration, etc.
- Tuition Information
- SAGE (ENG Student Association of Graduate Engineers) Survival Wiki
- Semester MBTA Pass (Spring deadline, January 9)