October 22, 2014 from 12-1:30pm WGS Sitting Room, 704 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 101
Minor in German (1128)
Six LG courses numbered 250 or above, as follows:
- At least one course from the sequence LG 303-304
- At least one course numbered LG 310-345
- LG 350
- At least one course numbered LG 400 or above
- Two electives numbered LG 250 or higher
With advisor’s approval, students may include up to three equivalent transfer courses from other colleges, universities, or non-Boston University study abroad programs. Minors must take a minimum of three courses (or a minimum of two, if they have four courses approved for credit toward the minor from Boston University’s program in Dresden) on the Charles River Campus. Internships taken on study abroad programs may not be credited toward minor concentrations in German. A grade of C or higher is required in all courses taken toward the minor.
Major in German Language and Literature (1133)
Twelve courses with a grade of C or higher are required. Students entering with advanced standing in German must complete a minimum of six principal courses at Boston University. Students participating in the Boston University program in Germany must complete a minimum of four principal courses in German on the Boston campus; two of these four courses must be taken at the LG 300 level or above following study in Germany. Internships taken on study abroad programs may not be credited toward a concentration in German.
- Two of the following: CAS LX 250, XL222, XL223, XL224, XL225. CC 101 and 102 taken together may count as XL 222.
- Four language-focus courses: CAS LG 303 and 304 and two courses numbered LG 310–LG 345
- CAS LG 350 and four courses numbered LG 400 or higher
- One elective course numbered LG 250 or higher