Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science
Offered at Hanscom AFB
The Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) program is intended for computer professionals and for individuals who wish to move into the computer field from other areas of study or employment. The comprehensive program of study covers a broad range of knowledge and skills applicable to private and public sectors.
Among the benefits of the Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) program:
- Boston University is recognized by the NSA (National Security Agency) and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Excellence in Information Assurance Education and Research
- Programs are certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS)
- Students have access to BU’s Center for Reliable Information Systems and Cyber Security (RISCS) research consortium
- The program design is accelerated and formatted over five-semesters
- Students can begin any semester’the courses are in a continuous sequence
- Those PCS’d before graduating can petition to complete remaining courses online
- Coursework for the MSCS can be completed in approximately 20-24 months
Students who complete the master’s degree in Computer Science will be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced knowledge of computer language theory, software design, as well as data bases, networks, or security.
- Proficiency in algorithms, operating systems, computer language usage, software development, and the management of data, networks, or security.
- Competence sufficient to investigate continually emerging new software technologies, applications, and approaches.