Virtualization is the collection of multiple Operating Systems on one physical Operating System. Each virtual operating system is called a virtual machine which is a file on a physical machine. Multiple operating systems on a single hardware platform can be easily and quickly deployed. Backup/restore process is simplified. MET IT offers a number of options to levarage this great technology.
Virtualization Options for MET and SHA
- Complete pre-configured installations provided to MET faculty and students on a DVD, saving setup and troubleshooting efforts not related to course objectives.
- Multiple images on MET Lab computers for different courses can be quickly rolled out.
- Easily replicated server-based environments for small student groups, and/or multi-server environments to emulate distributed systems.
- Virtual labs for e-Live and Distance Education students.
- Individual Virtual machines for faculty and staff of MET and SHA for testing purposes.