Master of Science in Health Communication (online)
Developed by Metropolitan College in collaboration with Boston University’s College of Communication, the Master of Science in Health Communication (MSHC) is the first degree of its type to be offered online.
Students who complete the master’s degree in Health Communication will be able to:
- Apply basic public relations and marketing theories and principles to the practice of health communication.
- Employ communication strategy, methods and technology to communicate information, influence audiences, or affect change on health-related topics and issues.
- Evaluate the value and significance of traditional, social, and emerging digital media practice in the health communication field.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of ethical and socially responsible health communication practices and strategies, and knowledge of the Code of Ethics as defined by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
- Articulate the role that communication plays in the health care industry.
- Interpret and apply basic communication research fundamentals to the field of health communication.
- Analyze, synthesize, interpret, and present health and scientific information using clear and concise messaging for public consumption.
Learn more about the online MS in Health Communication