Applied Business Analytics Graduate Certificate
Available online and on campus, the Graduate Certificate in Applied Business Analytics provides comprehensive coverage of data analytics concepts, techniques, and state-of-the-art tools used in the process of data-driven business decision-making. Students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a variety of analytical models and decision-support tools and to apply them to interlinked data-inputs and large data sets in the areas of marketing, operations, product and technology innovations, financial services, human resources management, and others. The curriculum covers advanced software tools and functions such as predictive modeling, text and data mining, visual analytics, simulations, and OLAP tables. Graduates of the program will be able to analyze data-driven business processes, select appropriate analytical methods to monitor and identify performance issues, and propose optimal data-based solutions.
Students who complete the Graduate Certificate in Applied Business Analytics will be able to demonstrate:
- The knowledge and skills to better utilize available information in operational, tactical, and strategic decision making in organizations.
- The ability to apply various powerful emerging technologies and techniques for increasing the value of both in-house and third-party data sets.
- An understanding of how organizations are using interlinked data-inputs, analytics models, and decision-support tools to better understand their operations, customers, and markets.
- The skills to understand web analytics and metrics, procure and process unstructured text, and delve into their hidden patterns.
- The expertise to facilitate knowledge discovery using data mining and visualization techniques over vast amounts of data.
Available on campus and in the following formats:
Prior to starting a certificate program, students are required to submit a graduate application and an official transcript conferring a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (or the international equivalent). Students must be admitted into a certificate program prior to taking courses, in order for those courses to be credited toward the certificate.
For application materials, visit the MET Admissions page.
Students must complete the prerequisite requirement of MET AD 510 Mathematics for Management, or pass a waiver exam. Online students must complete ALEKS (an online math tutorial).
A 3.0 GPA is required for certificate award, and no course with a grade below B- may be credited toward the certificate. Individuals considering using graduate certificate courses toward the Master of Science in Administrative Studies (MSAS) must:
- Apply to the MSAS or online management master’s degree program prior to completing two courses
- Recognize that grades earned in certificate courses will not be used in the admission decision process
- Meet the department’s academic admission requirements
As a prerequisite to the course MET AD 571 Business Analytics Foundations, applicants are required to complete MET AD 100 Pre-Analytics Laboratory or possess equivalent knowledge. Some courses may have additional prerequisites.
(Four courses/16 credits)
An error occurred while trying to retrieve course data
View all Analytics courses.