MET Convocation Ceremony
925 Commonwealth Avenue
Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 4 p.m.
All students, faculty, staff, guests, and vendors will be subject to a security screening when entering a Commencement weekend venue, possibly with a metal-detecting wand.
Instructions for Graduates
2:45 p.m.: Graduates report to the Three Court Gym in the Fitness & Recreation Center (915 Commonwealth Avenue, located on the ground floor, and accessed by the entrance along Buick Street) for check in and lineup.
- Caps and Gowns are required for all students participating in the ceremony.
- Graduates must carry their robes into the venue and then dress in designated lineup area. This is a requirement of arena security.
- Please leave personal belongings with your guests prior to checking in. No personal items may be left at the check-in or line-up areas as they will be closed down once the ceremony begins.
4 p.m.: Ceremony begins
6:30 p.m. (approximately): Graduates will formally process to a reception in the Fitness & Recreation Center Four Court Gym on the second floor, where guests will meet you. May graduates will pick up their diplomas at the reception. A picture ID is required before a diploma is released.
Instructions for Guests
Guests enter Agganis Arena via the main entrances on Commonwealth Avenue beginning at 3 p.m.
- Tickets are not required for the MET Convocation. There is no limit to the number of guests a student may invite.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Only normal size handbags, purses, and camera bags will be allowed, and they will be physically inspected prior to entry.
- No other bags, gift bags, wrapped gifts, packages, briefcases, backpacks, or luggage will be allowed in any Commencement or Convocation venue. Please be sure to tell your guests!
Following the ceremony, guests will exit Agganis Arena via the main entrances, and meet graduates at the reception.
All guests are invited to the reception, held in the Four Court Gym on the second floor at the Fitness & Recreation Center.
There are multiple events at Agganis and in the Fitness & Recreation Center the afternoon and evening of May 19, as well as multiple events at other venues on campus. Please allow additional time for delays due to traffic, parking, and security measures. There is a free, multi-stop shuttle bus service between Kenmore Square and Agganis Arena from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., and all BU parking lots are open and free for commencement activities. We recommend that you use public transportation if possible.