Withdrawal/Leave of Absence

Any student who wants to drop down to zero credits needs to submit a Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Form in order to drop his or her classes. Dropping to zero credits cannot be done online through the Student Link.

A student who is registered for a semester and decides not to attend must officially take a leave of absence or withdraw. A leave of absence should be taken when the student intends to return in a future semester; a withdrawal indicates a decision to permanently leave the University. Charges are canceled in accordance with the refund schedule published by the Office of the University Registrar, based on the effective date of the withdrawal or leave of absence.

All Withdrawal/Leave of Absence forms must be submitted to the MET Dean’s office to be approved by the Assistant Dean of Student Academic Affairs.