Boston University offers a variety of support resources to ensure that your classroom is comfortable, suitably equipped with audio and visual (AV) equipment, and issue-free.
Classroom Support Services coordinates all required AV equipment, including but not limited to projectors, DVD players, CD players, VCRs, and so on. Should you require AV equipment in your classroom, contact Classroom Support Services to arrange for equipment delivery and set-up at the requested date(s) and time(s).
If you prefer, you can download a PDF of the Classroom Service Request form, which you can print out, fill in, then fax or deliver. (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader v4.0 or higher to open.)
We recommend that you keep the Classroom Media Support phone number on hand should you need their services before or during your class: 617-353-3227.
Courses may be scheduled in a Metropolitan College computer lab at 808 Commonwealth Avenue, provided a lab is available and the number of students enrolled in the course does not exceed the seating limit for the lab. For more information about the labs, please visit the PC Labs section of the MET IT Services website.
To reserve a computer lab for your course:
- Check lab availability
- Reserve lab via email through MET IT Services at least 48 hours in advance of your class
- Notify the MET Dean’s office to update the University Class Schedule and to post room-change sign
Prior to the start of the semester, faculty are encouraged to visit their assigned room. In some cases, classrooms do not meet the needs of specific courses. The following are the only reasons a room change will be accommodated:
- Insufficient technology in the classroom (such as Internet access, projector, etc.)
- Inaccessibility for students and instructors with disabilities
- Insufficient seating for students
If you have any other issues with your classroom, please contact an Administrative Coordinator. Administrative Coordinators in the Office of the Dean will work with you and other offices in the University to solve your problem. At the end of this section, you will find a list of issues and appropriate departments to contact for solutions.
If you do need to change your classroom, please email your request to the Administrative Coordinators and include the following information:
- Course number
- Meeting day and time
- Number of seats required
- Reason for room change
- Any building preferences
Important Room Change Policies:
- Classrooms are assigned on the basis of the size of the class and the specific needs of the course
- Classes are assigned rooms appropriate to enrollment numbers and cannot occupy classrooms that are significantly larger than the number of students in the class
- There is a maximum of two room changes per course per semester
- No changes will be allowed after the third week of class
- The Staff Coordinators can only request a certain room with the Scheduling office; there is no guarantee that the room change will be granted
- Unique needs must be communicated several months in advance in order to best accommodate your class needs
- Do not move your class or change the meeting time without contacting the MET Dean’s office
Please note that if you have a problem with your room, it may not require a room change. Below are some departments to contact should you require a projector, attention to the heating and cooling system, and so forth:
|Issue||Department Contact Information|
|Any Emergency Room Problems||Facilities Management & Planning (Emergency) 617-353-2105|
|Furniture and Seating||Space Management
|Classroom Media||Media Group/Classroom Services
|Heating and Cooling||Building & Grounds