Course evaluations are an extremely important tool for student feedback, and an invaluable help in identifying and addressing academic and administrative problems, as well as outstanding teaching achievements. As such we hope that faculty and administrative coordinators carefully follow the instructions below.
Evaluations are sent to faculty home addresses or campus mailbox three weeks before the end of classes.
- Please assign a student to administer the evaluations.
- Evaluations must be completed during the final week of class and returned to the Metropolitan College Dean’s office within 48 hours of the final class. They should take about ten minutes of class time to complete.
- Instructors should not be present during evaluations, nor handle the completed forms.
The administering student should wait until the instructor leaves the room to distribute evaluations.
Instructions for Charles River Campus Students
- Distribute the course evaluations to each member of the class. Either pens or #2 pencils may be used to complete the forms.
- Tell the students to carefully read the questions on the evaluation form and respond by filling in the appropriate circles. Students should be encouraged to supply written comments on the back of the form.
- We strongly recommend returning the completed evaluation packet to the MET After-Hours Mailbox immediately following class.
MET After-Hours Mailbox, 755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 102
- Or you can also return the evaluation packet the following day during regular business hours directly to the front desk in the MET Dean’s Office, 1010 Commonwealth Avenue, 5th Floor.
- The office is open from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
Instructions for Off-Campus Students
- Distribute and explain the evaluations as in the first two steps for Charles River Campus students.
- Contact your department coordinator to verify the procedure for returning the evaluations.