Conference Travel Support

Conference travel support may be available for travel related to the presentation of scholarly work, or the advancement of Metropolitan College programs. Requests for travel support should be initiated by the faculty member, and approval should be requested from the department chair and the Associate Dean for Academic Programs. Please use the new online request form to seek chair and dean approval.

If there is a grant in place or the trip is being paid for by MET, the traveler can be reimbursed after their trip, or they can request a travel advance from the Account Administrator in the Finance office. Airline travel should be booked through BCD Travel (formerly Garber Travel) and a Internal Service Request should be completed by the department using the procurement tab on the BUworks Portal, unless the traveler wants to be reimbursed after travel is complete.

After travel please submit a BU Travel and Business Expense Form to be signed by your chair and then routed to the Office of the Dean, who upon approval sends to finance for processing.

BCD Travel
Tel. 617-353-1700