Giving To Metropolitan College
Your gift makes a difference!
Any gift—in any amount—is significant to the well-being of the College, as well as our current and prospective students.
- Alumni contributions help ensure programmatic innovation. Alumni can attest that Metropolitan College provides the most up-to-date, practical education to those seeking career advancement.
- Your gift can provide scholarships to students in need, excellent educational opportunities for Metropolitan College students, or funding to help the College anticipate industry trends and initiate courses accordingly.
- Your support gives Metropolitan College a vote of confidence. Ranking agencies gauge alumni satisfaction largely by the percentage of those who give.
Choose how you want to support Metropolitan College
Decide exactly how your donation will benefit Metropolitan College by designating a specific fund from the list of giving opportunities. Below are the College’s areas of greatest need:
- Donate an unrestricted annual gift to the Metropolitan College Fund. Our outstanding faculty and students fill us with pride—behind their daily achievements are gifts each year to this annual fund.
- Help Metropolitan College students by giving to the Metropolitan Alumni Scholarship Fund. One of the first of its kind in the country, this award is a performance- and need-based scholarship established by Metropolitan College graduates for Metropolitan College students; each year a committee of College alumni interviews candidates and awards the scholarship.
- Contribute to the Metropolitan College Scholarship for Cancer Patients & Survivors Fund. Available to those currently in treatment at Boston Medical Center (BMC) or the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI), this groundbreaking scholarship is a valuable resource for patients and survivors who wish to begin or continue their undergraduate studies in order to pursue a new career or enhance current skills. Just as importantly, the scholarship encourages patients to resume their interaction with the community and work toward future goals.
Select one of our convenient giving options
There are several ways to make a gift to Metropolitan College.
- Give online. You’ll have a chance to choose which fund you would like to support. Plus, Boston University ensures the security of your online donation. Using a credit card to donate via the Web is a safe, secure, and convenient way to support Metropolitan College. All transmitted information is encrypted and not accessible to anyone on the Internet.
- Call Metropolitan College at 617-358-5501 to make a gift over the phone.
- Mail your gift. Specify the fund to which you’re donating in the memo line of your check. All checks should be made payable to Boston University and sent to:
Boston University Development & Alumni Relations
Gifts and Records
595 Commonwealth Avenue, West Entrance, Suite 700
Boston, MA 02215
Consider the tax benefits
- Gifts to Metropolitan College are tax deductible. Boston University, under IRS law, qualifies as a charitable and tax-exempt organization. If an individual makes a charitable gift to Boston University, that gift enables the donor to take an income tax deduction. You will receive a receipt for all donations, which you should keep as a record for tax purposes.
- A gift of cash can be deducted against up to 50 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income. Any excess can be deducted against up to five successive tax years.
- A gift of appreciated assets can be deducted against up to 30 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income. Any excess can be deducted against up to five successive tax years.
- For more information on tax-deductible gifts, take a look at Tax Deductions and Deadlines.