Your gift makes a difference
Any gift—in any amount—can make an important difference to our students, our academic and research programs, and the work we do in the Greater Boston community. The best way to help is with a donation to the Campaign for Boston University, on a recurring or one-time basis.
Your support can help change lives
A donation to the Campaign for Boston University benefits scholarship programs for community college graduates, parents, and cancer patients and survivors.
Support our students
Each year, Metropolitan College awards scholarships to deserving MET students who might not be able to finish their studies otherwise. Among the award programs in need of your support are:
- The Alumni Funded Scholarship, which was the first program of its kind, founded in 1989. This award is designated for MET students in their junior or senior year of a bachelor’s program.
- The Megan McClung Scholarship Fund, which is available to students who are pursuing the online Master of Criminal Justice degree.
- The Bryan D. Willard Scholarship, which is reserved for Purple Heart recipients as well as spouses and children of veterans killed in the line of duty. If you are a Metropolitan College graduate who has served in the military, this may be an especially appropriate giving opportunity.
Fund innovative research
The BU Innovation Fund supports the instructional technology and scholarship behind the University’s innovative distance learning programs and multimedia classrooms on campus. When you donate to BU and MET, you help keep the education we provide on the cutting edge.
Enhance the reputation of your alma mater
Alumni giving is a key factor in national and global college rankings. Your gift helps ensure that you, Boston University, and Metropolitan College all continue to receive the recognition we deserve.
Pay it forward
If you had a great experience at BU, what better way to show it than to make the MET opportunity available to others? Your gift helps make it happen.
It’s easy to give
- Give online. For the greatest impact on our school and students, please select Metropolitan College as your gift designation.
- Give by phone. Call Katherine Moran, MET’s director of Alumni Relations & Development, at 617-358-5501.
- Mail your gift. Make your check out to Boston University, specify the Campaign for Boston University and your choice of designated fund (i.e. Metropolitan College) on the memo line, and send it to:
Boston University Development & Alumni Relations
Gifts and Records
595 Commonwealth Avenue, West Entrance, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02215
Consider the tax benefits
- Gifts to Metropolitan College are tax deductible. Boston University, under IRS law, qualifies as a charitable and tax-exempt organization. If an individual makes a charitable gift to Boston University, that gift enables the donor to take an income tax deduction. You will receive a receipt for all donations, which you should keep as a record for tax purposes.
- A gift of cash can be deducted against up to 50 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income. Any excess can be deducted against up to five successive tax years.
- A gift of appreciated assets can be deducted against up to 30 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income. Any excess can be deducted against up to five successive tax years.
- For more information on tax-deductible gifts, take a look at Tax Deductions and Deadlines.