As a special privilege, Metropolitan College offers Boston University alumni the opportunity to audit classes for academic enrichment. The cost of this benefit is $40 per credit (plus a $60 student services fee). For Computer Science courses, the per-credit fee will be $115 (plus a $60 student services fee). Audited classes are neither graded nor offered for college credit. Students must meet all prerequisites of the course to be eligible to audit the course.
Alumni Audit is available
- For undergraduate Metropolitan College courses (courses numbered below 600)
- For Metropolitan College-sponsored Graduate Medical Science (GMS) courses without labs, including GMS online courses, numbered 500 and below (a $50-per-credit Technology Fee is charged for online courses, in addition to the fees detailed above)
- During fall and spring semesters only
Alumni Audit is not available
- After the third week of class
- For graduate courses (courses numbered 600 and above)
- For non-Computer Science courses with labs
- Degree completion programs
- Online courses (GMS online courses are available as noted above)
- During Summer Term
- For more than one class per semester
- Please call Metropolitan College at 617-353-3000 to request audit approval from the Assistant Dean of Student Services. Requests will be reviewed on the basis of space availability and appropriateness of course.
- If permission is granted, a Metropolitan College representative will email you to inform you that you have been approved.
- Alumni students must submit an Add/Drop Form signed by the instructor, a completed Registration Form, and either a personal check or money order (made out to Boston University), or a Credit Card Authorization Form for the cost of the course. All necessary forms are available in the Metropolitan College Office of the Dean.
- Please submit all materials to Metropolitan College, 755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 103, Boston, MA 02215. Important: Alumni audit paperwork and payment must not be returned to the Office of the University Registrar.
For further information, contact a Metropolitan College representative at 617-353-3000.