The Alumni Funded Scholarship
The first of its kind in the country, the Alumni Funded Scholarship program exists thanks to the generous donations of Metropolitan College alumni.
Since it was initiated in 1989 by a group of dedicated Metropolitan College alumni who understood the unique financial needs of the College’s part-time students, the Alumni Funded Scholarship program has assisted dozens of Metropolitan College undergraduates, providing them with the opportunity to excel at their studies by removing some of the financial stress of being a part-time, evening student while managing a career.
Scholarships are awarded in $1,000 increments for a specific semester.
To qualify for the Alumni Funded Scholarship, you must:
- Be a part-time (11.5 credits or less), degree-status Metropolitan College student at the time of application
- Have fewer than 15 courses remaining in a first bachelor’s degree program
- Have a minimum 2.7 cumulative grade point average at Boston University
- Show evidence of financial need by filing a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Scholarship Application Guidelines
To apply for the Alumni Funded Scholarship, please submit the following:
- The Alumni Scholarship Application
- One short essay as outlined in the application
Applications for the Alumni Funded Scholarship Program are due by April 21, 2014.
All eligible students are required to interview with the Alumni Scholarship Selection Committee in person or by telephone. If you meet eligibility criteria, you will be contacted with a specific time.
Applications can be mailed, faxed, or brought to:
Boston University Metropolitan College
Undergraduate Student Services
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 102
Boston, MA 02215
If you have any questions, please call Undergraduate Student Services at 617-353-2980.