Scholarship for Community College Graduates
You’ve earned your associate’s degree—now go for your bachelor’s from Boston University.
Boston University’s Metropolitan College is proud to offer the Scholarship for Community College Graduates. The scholarship is currently available to eligible graduates of the following six Massachusetts community colleges:
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Massachusetts Bay Community College
- Middlesex Community College
- Northern Essex Community College
- Quinsigamond Community College
- Roxbury Community College
Recipients of this annual scholarship will receive a 50 percent tuition scholarship for up to 12 credits per semester while they complete their bachelor’s degree at Boston University’s Metropolitan College. Those selected for the Scholarship for Community College Graduates will be required to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above in order to continue receiving the tuition benefits of the program.
To qualify for the Scholarship for Community College Graduates, you must:
- Have an associate’s degree from one of the six community colleges specified above
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Scholarship Application Guidelines
To apply for the Scholarship for Community College Graduates, please submit the following:
- Metropolitan College Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Scholarship for Community College Graduates Application form
- Official high school transcript
- Official transcripts from all schools attended
- Letter of Recommendation:
- Please ask an advisor or faculty member at your community college to highlight your academic abilities and accomplishments
- Scholarship Essay (may also be used for undergraduate admission):
- Address how you first became interested in your area of study. What activities, experiences, people, etc., have fostered this interest? What are your long-term goals, and how will this Scholarship for Community College Graduates impact your studies at Boston University?
- Limit your essay to two, double-spaced typewritten pages—approximately 400 words
- Scholarship applications are reviewed each year on June 15, August 1, and December 1
- Only completed applications will be considered
- Applicants are notified within two weeks of the review date
Send complete application materials to:
Boston University Metropolitan College
Director, Undergraduate Student Services
755 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 102
Boston, MA 02215
Upcoming School Visits & Transfer Fairs
Representatives of Boston University’s Metropolitan College frequently visit community college campuses and education fairs with information on applying for undergraduate programs and the Scholarship for Community College Graduates. For information on specific meetings please contact Justin Anderson at email@example.com or 617-358-3976.
|10/30/14||Middlesex Community College–Bedford Campus||Transfer Fair|
|10/30/14||Roxbury Community College||Evening Transfer Fair|
|10/31/14||Middlesex Community College–Lowell Campus||Transfer Fair|
|11/4/14||Manchester Community College||Transfer Fair|
|11/13/14||Quincy College||Transfer Fair|
If you cannot attend an event, but wish to learn more, consider signing up for an upcoming Information Session on campus or online.