Event & Registration Services
We are the planners and facilitators of almost all campus events, and we know what works when, where, and how.
Student staff generally have a set weekday schedule with office hour shifts Monday-Friday between 9 am and 5 pm. The work schedule will vary and sometimes include early morning, night and weekend shifts. Student staff support the professional staff with administrative duties as well as providing onsite coverage and support for events and conferences. We also have specialized positions focused on Registration Services and website development.
Current Open Positions:
We look for:
- Students currently enrolled at Boston University.
- Knowledge of the hospitality field as well as previous work experience in food/ beverage, customer service and/or hospitality is preferred.
- Students who have a valid US driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Candidates with a keen attention to detail and the ability to problem-solve and think on ones feet.
- Customer service, communication and a professional demeanor are key components of the position. Expect to provide communication and customer service at every shift via phone, email and face to face with clients.
- Candidates who are dependable and flexible. We coordinate a variety of different types of events that occur at various days/times.
- Experience working in Excel to create/update spreadsheets.
- The ability to stand for long periods and carry at least 25 pounds. The position can include event coverage as well as set-up and breakdown of event equipment such as registration materials, easels and white boards.
- During Summer months, all of our positions are full time with a varying schedule week to week. On campus housing is provided.
Interested applicants for Spring/Summer 2017 should email their resume and a letter explaining why you should be considered for a position.