Life in the Department:
- Students work cooperatively on many projects throughout the curriculum
- State of the art experimental, computational, and design/fabrication labs are available to the students to enable their exploration of engineering topics
- Students regularly interact with the faculty outside of class
- As freshmen, students take part in a freshman advising seminar (EK100) during which they meet other students pursuing similar majors and upper classmen who help them navigate their freshmen year
- Annual class meetings at which students can give feedback on the program and offer their ideas for improvement
Life in the College:
- Engineering student government and the alumni development office organize several activities throughout the year that promote socialization and offer a break from normal coursework. Some of the activities include; a fall college-wide Block Party and BBQ which includes a faculty dunk tank, engineering week celebrations, alumni gatherings and so much more.
- The Ingalls Student Center provides a place for the students to come together to study, relax and bond.
- Students can become Dean’s hosts. In this role they support college-wide functions including tours for prospective students. Students gain leadership experience through these opportunities as well as improved communication skills.
Life in the University:
- Boston University boasts one of the best Fine Arts Schools in the country. Students can participate in various choirs, bands, orchestras, or they can simply attend the myriad of fabulous musical and theatrical events.
- Boston University has outstanding sports facilities and sports teams. Students can stay fit at the state-of-the-art FitRec center, and enjoy school spirit by cheering for the 23 NCAA Division I varsity sports teams
- Boston University has almost 500 student organizations that draw from the entire population of 33,000 students. There is something for everyone. Check out the list of the ME department groups, the college wide groups and the university groups.
Life in Boston:
- This historic city offers abundant of opportunities for students which are all accessible by public transportation. There is a flourishing arts community, top ranked sports teams, nationally renowned museums, world-class libraries, a plethora of amazing restaurants, and a vibrant social scene
- To find out more, please visit http://www.bostonusa.com/