The Mechanical Engineering Department hosts a large number of active student groups. Match your interests with one of the groups, and start building new friendships and connections for your future.
- BU Branch of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- BU Student Chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- AIAA – B.U. Chapter Rocket Team
- BU Energy Club
- BU SEDS -Students for the Exploration and Development of Space
- Engineers Without Borders
- Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Pi Tau Sigma Honor Society
- Sigma Gamma Tau Honor Society
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- College of Engineering Student Organizations
Boston University offers study abroad programs geared just for engineering students. You can spend the second semester of your sophomore year abroad taking the same engineering courses you would at BU, all taught in English. In addition, you will take an introductory course in the local language so you can have a richer experience in your host country. To see how this fits into the ME program click onto You can spend your semester in:
For more information, please visit Study Abroad for Engineers.