Prospective Undergraduate Students
We offer an accredited mechanical engineering degree with many exciting options for specialization. As part of a major research university situated in a heart of Boston, there are many opportunities both on and off campus. Click on the pictures below to explore various aspects of what we have to offer.
||Top 10 reasons to join ME@BU!
- ME@BU is a great size for fostering a real sense of community. The student-to-faculty ratio is 10:1. Students get personal attention within mechanical engineering yet benefit from the resources of a large university in a big city.
- ME@BU assigns each student an advisor during the first week of classes. This advisor helps to guide curriculum choices and post-graduation plans.
- ME@BU enables students to concentrate in one of 4 areas (aerospace, manufacturing, energy technologies & environmental engineering, and nanotechnology) without taking additional courses.
- ME@BU takes advantage of the college-wide study abroad program that is engineering-focused and as such integrates seamlessly into the ME program.
- ME@BU utilizes faculty to teach all courses.
- ME@BU designs courses that give students the opportunity to explore the fundamentals of mechanical engineering through theory, computation, and experimentation. Our program prepares students to take part in both the analysis and the design of mechanical systems.
- ME@BU offers multiple professional and social extracurricular student groups.
- ME@BU employs faculty who are research-active and who integrate undergraduates into their research regularly.
- ME@BU provides students access to state-of-the-art study facilities including the Ingalls Resource Center and the Engineering Computation Lab.
- ME@BU has a high placement rate in jobs/graduate school/military assignment for graduating seniors.
If you are interested in talking to one of our current undergraduates to learn more about ME@BU, please go directly to the e-host page.