Mac Schwager, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
lab: Multi-robot Systems Laboratory, ERB B14
Distributed controllers for the deployment of mobile sensor networks * Inferring dynamical models of biological group phenomena from data * Aggressive multi-robot control over multi-hop networks with time delays * Persistent monitoring and persistent environmental sampling with robots
Professor Schwager’s research is in the area of multi-robot systems. He studies group behaviors in robots and animals using tools from control theory, optimization, and statistical inference. Professor Schwager finished his PhD at MIT in 2009 working with Daniela Rus in the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL).
- M. Schwager, B. Julian, M. Angermann and D. Rus, “Eyes in the Sky: Decentralized Control for the Deployment of Robotic Camera Networks,” Proceedings of the IEEE, September, 2011, vol. 99, no. 9, pp. 1541-1561.
- R. N. Smith, M. Schwager, S. L. Smith, B. H. Jones, D. Rus and G. S. Sukhatme, “Persistent Ocean Monitoring with Underwater Gliders: Adapting Sampling Resolution,” Journal of Field Robotics, September-October, 2011, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 714-741.
- M. Schwager, D. Rus and J. J. Slotine, “Unifying Geometric, Probabilistic, and Potential Field Approaches to Multi-Robot Deployment,” International Journal of Robotics Research, March, 2011, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 371-383.
- M. Schwager, D. Rus and J. J. Slotine, “Decentralized, Adaptive Coverage Control for Networked Robots,” International Journal of Robotics Research, March, 2009, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 357-375.
- M. Schwager, C. Detweiler, I. Vasilescu, D. M. Anderson and D. Rus, “Data-Driven Identification of Group Dynamics for Motion Prediction and Control,” Journal of Field Robotics, June-July, 2008, vol. 25, no. 6-7, pp. 305-324.
- M. Schwager, D. M. Anderson, Z. Butler and D. Rus, “Robust Classification of Animal Tracking Data,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, March, 2007, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 46-59.