Xi Lin, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Materials theory * Predictive simulation of materials electronic, optical, magnetic, and mechanical properties
- Botelho AL, Shin YW, Li MH, Jiang LL, and Lin X, “Unified Hamiltonian for conducting polymers,”
Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 23: Act. No. 455501, 21 Oct 2011.
- Shin YW, Li MH, Botelho AL, and Lin X, “Escape mechanism of a self-trapped topological soliton,”
Physical Review B 82: Act. No. 193101, 17 Nov 2010.
- Li MH and Lin X, “Adapted Su-Schrieffer-Heeger Hamiltonian for polypyrrole,”
Physical Review B 82: Act. No. 155141, 26 Oct 2010.
- Li MH and Lin X, “Twin distortions of the Peierls instability,”
Physical Review B 81: Act. No. 153102, 8 Apr 2010.
- Lau TT, Lin X, Yip S, and Van Vliet KJ, ”Atomistic examination of the unit processes and vacancy-dislocation interaction in dislocation climb,” Scripta Materialia, 60, 399-402, 2009.
- Lau TT, Först CJ, Lin X, Gale JD, Yip S, and Van Kliet KJ, “Many-body potential for point defect clusters in Fe-C alloys,” Physical Review Letters, 98 (21), 215501, 2007.
- Silva E, Först CJ, Li J, Lin X, Zhu T, and Yip S, “Multiscale materials modeling: Case studies at the atomistic and electronic structure levels,” Journal of Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Analysis (special volume on Computational Quantum Chemistry), 41 (2): 427-445, 2007.
- Qian X, Li J, Lin X, and Yip S, “Time-dependent density functional theory with ultrasoft psuedopotentials: real-time electron propogation across molecular Junction,” Physical Review B, 73 (3): 035408, 2006.
- Lin X, Li J, and Yip S, “Controlling bending and twisting of conjugated polymers via solitons,” Physical Review Letters, 95 (19): 198303, 2005.
- Lin X, Li J, Smela E, and Yip S, “Polaron-induced conformation change in single polypyrrole chain: an intrinsic actuation mechanism,” International Journal of Quantum Chemistry (Special Issue: Dedicated to the Memory of John A. Pople), 102 (5): 980-985,