PhD students must pass a qualifying exam in order to achieve their PhD candidacy.
- The exam should be taken during the third semester.
- The students must identify and coordinate with three faculty examiners.
- Students should discuss ideas for their qualifying committee with their research faculty advisor beginning in their second semester.
- Students receive confirmation from the examiners and set an examination date that is logged with the graduate coordinator.
- Gain approval for selected topics
- Examination specifications
The day of the examination, the committee will fill out and log the examination form.