PhD candidates must present their research plan to their committee and gain approval for their proposed topic and plan.
- Presentation must take place within a year of passing the qualifying examination
- The candidate must make a committee, consisting of their advisor and two readers
- The candidate must write their dissertation proposal following the guidelines
- The candidate must organize a date for the oral presentation and examination
- The candidate should provide the committee member with their written proposal two weeks prior to the prospectus date
On the date of the prospectus, the committee will fill out and log the prospectus defense form.