The Nerve currently accepts five types of submissions:
1. Articles – these are light reading and require the reader to have little to no background knowledge on the subject (1500-3000 words).
2. Reviews – these are in-depth explorations of the literature of specific topics. Reviews attempt to synthesize findings from original research papers into an analysis of the current state of the field (up to 6000 words).
3. Opinion pieces – these are short (800-1500 words) perspectives on current trends.
4. Student research – these can be brief (~500 words) or full research (1500-3000 words) pieces that detail personal research. All information in student research pieces MUST have the PI’s permission to publish.
5. Research-In-Brief – these are short (~500 words) summaries of new and current neuroscience research.
Authors are encouraged to submit works that touch on any topic in the Mind and Brain Sciences. This includes, but is not limited to psychology, anthropology, philosophy, biology, computer science, etc.
Submissions must be received by October 1st for publication in the Spring semester.
You can e-mail questions and submissions as attachments to Olivia Nguyen & Grace O’Donnell firstname.lastname@example.org . You will be notified via e-mail if your paper is accepted for publication.