University Mail Services at the Medical Center offers the following primary functions:
- Pick-up, sort, and deliver incoming mail from the United States Postal Service (USPS). Incoming mail is picked up once a day at 6 a.m. Beginning at 8:30 a.m., the mail is delivered to various departments outside the complex.
- All departments within the complex must use the Mail Center window to pick-up and drop-off all mail.
- All outgoing USPS mail is processed the same day it is picked up or delivered to the Mail Center.
- USPS outgoing mail is picked up by the USPS at 3:30 p.m. every weekday
- Pick-up, sort, and deliver interdepartmental mail for next day delivery
- Assure University compliance with U.S. Postal Regulations and all other University, local, state, and federal policies that relate to the processing and delivery of mail
- Provide advice to Medical Center departments regarding all mailing needs
- Maintain, coordinate, and submit appropriate reports and transactions to ensure proper accounting and billing of postal charges, and mailing services to Boston University departments