The primary functions of the Campus Mail department are:
- Pick up, sort, and deliver incoming mail from the United States Postal Service (USPS). Mail is picked up and delivered to all departments once a day. Call 617-353-2156 if you have any questions.
- Pick up, process, and deliver the University’s outgoing mail. All classes of outgoing mail that are to be metered must be sent to Mail Services at 120 Ashford Street. Outgoing mail is picked up by the USPS every weekday at 4:30 p.m. on the Charles River Campus and at 3:30 p.m. on the Medical Campus.
- Pick up, sort, and deliver interdepartmental mail and intercampus mail for next-day delivery
- Coordinate and control all metered mail and postal permits and bulk mailings by Mail Services or vendors approved by Mail Services
- Assure University compliance with U.S. Postal Regulations and all other University, local, state, and federal policies that relate to the processing and delivery of mail
- Provide advice to University departments regarding all mailing needs
- Maintain, coordinate, and submit appropriate reports and transactions to ensure proper accounting and billing of postal charges, FedEx charges, and mailing services to Boston University departments