BU Libraries Search is our Library Catalog
Have you tried the search box on our pages, the BU Libraries Search? It represents by far the most comprehensive listing of our holdings that we’ve ever been able to compile. Try it to find full text articles, eBooks and print books, eJournals and print journals, databases like JSTOR and other digital collections all at once.
A separate Journals and Newspapers search is also available through the BU Libraries Search, which includes journals and newspapers in print and online.
Boston Library Consortium (BLC)
Expedited borrowing is available through the BLC. BU WorldCat Discovery can be used to find material at BLC institutions. All Interlibrary Loan requests, both through the BLC and beyond are made through ILLiad Interlibrary Loan request form.
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Bio Lab/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts State Library
- Northeastern University
- Tufts University
- UMass –Dartmouth
- UMass– Lowell
- UMass Medical
- University of Connecticut
- University of New Hampshire
- Wellesley College
- Williams College
- Boston Public Library
- Any Massachusetts resident, including students attending school in Massachusetts, is eligible for a Boston Public Library card.
- Harvard OnLine Library Information System (HOLLIS)
- Access to the Union Catalog of the Harvard Libraries and to the Guide to Harvard Libraries.
- Fenway Libraries Online
- Access to the union catalog combining the resources of a consortium of thirteen academic and special interest libraries in the Boston/Cambridge area.
- Massachusetts Library Catalogs
- A directory to over 300 Massachusetts library catalogs.
- Massachusetts Library Networks Catalogs
- Access to the nine regional Massachusetts library Network Catalogs under the auspices of Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
- Minuteman Library Network Catalogs
- Direct and simultaneous access to the catalogs of the public libraries of: Acton, Arlington, Ashton, Bedford, Belmont, Brookline, Cambridge, Concord, Dedham, Dover, Framingham, Franklin, Holliston, Lexington, Lincoln, Maynard, Medfield, Medford, Medway, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton, Norwood, Somerville, Sudbury, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, Weston, Winchseter, and Woburn.
- Use this catalog to identify who owns materials not available at Boston University. includes: books, manuscripts, computer data files, maps, computer programs, musical scores, films and slides, newspapers, journals, sound recordings, magazines, videotapes. Offers over 47 million records from over 40,000 libraries located in more than 75 countries and territiories and includes records representing 400 languages. Materials identified in Worldcat may be requested by interlibrary loan.
- National and State Libraries – Wikipedia
- Access national library catalogs arranged alphabetically by country. National libraries attempt to collect all publications issued in their respective countries. Catalogs accessible via the Internet cannot be regarded as definitive.
- Library of Congress
- Access to approximately 12 million records representing books, serials, computer files, manuscripts, cartographic materials, music, sound recordings, and visual materials.
- Internet Archive
- Access the fulltext of books scanned by members of the BLC and other libraries.
- The union catalog for CURL (The Consortium of University Research Libraries) comprised of “24 university research libraries in the UK and Ireland.”
- Access and index to 18,000 library homepages and web-based library catalogs (OPACs-Online Public Access Catalogs).
- Access to over 8000 pages from libraries in over 100 countries. For the United States it includes lists for the following:
- Academic Libraries
- Public Libraries
- National Libraries and Library Organizations
- State Libraries
- Regional Consortia