Core Databases/ Indexes
This database indexes scientific and technical journals and conference proceedings in the subject areas of physics, electrical engineering, and computing. 1898+
Offering an electronic version of Science Citation Index, this database covers articles in all areas of the sciences. Its most unique feature is the ability to search for cited references in journal articles. 1965+
Ei CompendexWeb is the internet version of Engineering Index. This database covers more than 5,000 journals, conferences, and reports in all areas of the field of engineering. 1884+
Combined search of the INSPEC and COMPENDEX databases.
Gateway to selected science information and research and development results by U.S. Government agencies.
Contains publicly available bibliographic records for energy and energy-related scientific and technical information from the Department of Energy (DOE). 1948+
Physics Internet Guides
- Physics Central – American Physical Soceity
- PhysicsWorld – Institute of Physics
- Physics Today – American Institute of Physics
Physics Reference Tools
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry & Physics
- Atomic Transition Probability Database
- Advanced Materials Information Center
- NIST Physical Measurement Laboratory
- Table of Nuclides
- WebElements – Periodic Table of Elements
Physics Preprint Guides
A searchable database of over 550,000 bibliographic records, including 220,000 fulltext documents, of interest to those working in particle physics and related areas. Also covers preprints, articles, books, journals, and photographs.
Started in 1995, this site provides a fully automated electronic archive and distribution server for research papers. Covered areas include physics and related disciplines, mathematics, nonlinear sciences, computational linguistics, and neuroscience.
Search more than 500,000 high-energy physics related articles, including journal papers, preprints, e-prints, technical reports, conference papers and theses, comprehensively indexed by the SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) libraries. 1974+
Open-access website for The Collected Papers of Albert Einstein, the ongoing publication of Einstein’s massive written legacy comprising more than 30,000 unique documents. Presents all 13 volumes published to date by the editors of the Einstein Papers Project, covering the writings and correspondence of Albert Einstein (1879-1955) from his youth to 1923. Updated with subsequent volumes in the series roughly two years after original book publication.
Sponsored by the Philosophy of Science Association, and by the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Philosophy of Science, reprints posted on this archive are restricted to those in philosophy of science or related material of interest to philosophers of science.
- American Institute of Physics
- American Physical Society
- European Physical Society
- Institute of Physics
- The Nobel Foundation
Research Centers and Labs
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
- CERN – the European Laboratory for Particle Physics
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Los Alamos National Laboratory Research Library