Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Ashley, Perry J., Ed. American Newspaper Journalists, 1873-1900.
PS21 D52M. (also: 1690-1872; 1901-1925; 1926-1950). (storage)
Johnston, Donald, Ed. Encyclopedia of International Media and Communications.
4 vols.X P87.5 E532 2003.
Keith, Michael, Ed. The Museum of Broadcast Communications Encyclopedia of Radio.
3 vols. X TK6544 M84 2004.
Paneth, Donald. Encyclopedia of American Journalism. 2008.
X PN4888 E64.
Murray, Michael D., Ed. Encyclopedia of Television News 1999.
X PN4888 T4 E53.
Directories & Books
Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media.
X Z6951 E80. 2010
Washington Information Directory. Congressional Quarterly, Inc.
X F192.3 .W33 2010/11,
The Writer’s Market.
X PN161 F30. Mugar 2011
Editor and Publisher Market Guide.
HF5905 F24 2010. Pardee Reference
Goldstein, Norm. The Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media law.
PN4783 A83 2004.
The New York Times Manual of Style and Usage.
PN4783 S57 1999.
- For a complete listing of titles browse the Electronic Journals page.
- Arts Journal: the Daily Digest of Arts & Culture Journalism (Seattle, WA) Weekdays.
- The Cole Papers (San Francisco: The Cole Group, 1994-) Monthly.
- Federal Communications Law Journal Bloomington, Indiana. 3/yr.
- Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication Indiana University. Articles on weblogs, community, mediated presence, asynchronous learning, online journalism, political websites, the digital divide, and racist groups online, among other topics of current interest. Quarterly.
- Journal of Electronic Publishing Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press. Monthly.
- Journal of Information, Law and Technology Coventry UK : Univ. of Warwick and Strathclyde University.
- Newspapers & Technology International Trade Journal. Monthly.
- Web Journal of Mass Communication Research (WJMCR) E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, Ohio University.
- The First Amendment Handbook from Georgetown University, created to provide a basic primer on the laws affecting reporters’ rights.
- U.S. Census Bureau Info such as social, economic, and educational aspects of the population.
- Federal Communications Commission Regulates interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable.
- American Journalism Review Provides links to newspapers, magazines, radio, and television plus collection of resources for journalists.
- Internet Public Library: Newspapers Easy access to newspapers all over the world.
- Columbia Journalism Review Published by Columbia Univ. Graduate School of Journalism, the premier critique of journalism.
- International Freedom of Expression eXchange Global community of organizations supporting free expression worldwide.
- National Press Club Reporters’ internet resources.
- Committee to Protect Journalists
- The Poynter Institute School for journalists in all stages of their professions.
- Freedom Forum A nonpartisan foundation dedicated to free press, free speech and free spirit for all people.
- Reporters Sans Frontieres A press-freedom news agency available in 3 languages.
- The Times of London (1785-1985)
- List of Newspapers
Associations & Societies
- American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA)
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- National Association of Black Journalists
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- Native American Journalists Association
- Newspaper Association of America
- Society of Professional Journalists
- National Association of Broadcasters
- Investigative Reporters and Editors
- National Press Photographers Association