Hispanic American Studies
This is a guide to selective library and other resources on the topic of Hispanic American Studies.
- America: History and Life
- Anthropology Plus
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts
- ATLA Religion Database
- Contemporary Women’s Issues
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- FRANCIS (International Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Hispanic American Periodicals Index (HAPI)
- HLAS: Handbook of Latin American Studies
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Latino Literature
- North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries and Oral Histories
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Social Services Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- Studies on Women and Gender Abstracts
- Women’s Studies International
- Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity, and Society. 3 vols. 2008.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America. 2000.
- Harvard Encyclopedia of American Ethnic Groups. 1980.
- The Hispanic American Almanac: A Reference Work on Hispanics in the United States. 2003.
- Hispanics in Hollywood: An Encyclopedia of Film and Television. 1994.
- Latinas in the United States: A Historical Encyclopedia. 3 vols. 2006.
- Latino and Latina Writers. 2 vols. 2004.
- The Mexican American Experience: An Encyclopedia. 2003.
- Directory of Chicana/o, Latina/o, and Latin American Studies Program, Research, and Policy Centers.
- Guide to Information Resources in Ethnic Museum, Library and Archival Collections in the United States. 1996.
- Hispanic-American Material Culture: An Annotated Directory of Collections, Sites, Archives and Festivals in the United States. 1989.
- Ancestry in America: A Comparative City-by-City Guide to Over 200 Ethnic Backgrounds — With Rankings. 2003.
- Hispanic Americans: A Statistical Sourcebook. Annual.
- The Hispanic Databook. 3rd ed. 2012.
- Hispanic Origin Data (U.S. Census Bureau).
- American National Biography Online.
- A Biographical Handbook of Hispanics and United States Film. 1997.
- Notable Hispanic American Women. 1993.
- American Latinos and the Making of the United States (National Park Service).
- Bracero History Archive.
- Farmworker Movement Documentation Project.
- Hispanic American Health.
- Hispano Music and Culture of the Northern Rio Grande: The Juan B. Rael Collection.
- Historic Mexican and American Press.
- Inter-University Program for Latino Research.
- Latin American Network Information Center (LANIC).
- Mauricio Gastón Institute for Latino Community Development and Public Policy.
- Mexican Migration Project.
- NCLR: National Council of La Raza.
- On the Corner: Day Labor in the United States.
- Pew Hispanic Center.
- Tejano Voices.
- UCLA Chicano Studies Research Center, Strachwitz Frontera Collection of Mexican and Mexican-American Recordings.