Business Tutorial: GuideStar Premium
Instructions for Downloading Organization and Financial Data
Access GuideStar Premium from the Business Databases: A-Z list on the Pardee Library home page: http://www.bu.edu/library/management/research/business-expanded/. Log into the database using your BU login name and Kerberos password.
- Click on the login link next to “Welcome Boston University!” in the upper right-hand side of the database. In order to download data from GuideStar Premium you will need to log into the database using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and the password: pardeelib.Search for organization by keyword using the nonprofit search box in the middle of the database page or click on the Advanced Search link to include organization details in your search.
- Click on the Advanced Search link and type an organization name (ex: United Way International) in the Organization Name box and click on the Search button. You can also search by keyword, city, state, zip or organization details to obtain a list of organizations.
- Under the organization name click on Add to Download Queue.
- Click on View Queue / Begin Download.
- Click on Download My Queue.
- Under Create File for Download follow these steps:
- Type in the name of the file.
- Select the type of file.
- Select the fields to be included in the file.
- Click on Create File.
- Click on the file name to download the data into Microsoft Excel.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact the Pardee Library Reference Desk at 617-353-4303.