Abstracts and Indexes
Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Handbooks
The Encyclopedia of Aging. 2006
Comprehensive two volume encyclopedia of topics from the field of gerontology. Cross-references are given at the end of most articles. Includes a subject index and a list of contributors.
Mugar Reference XHQ1061 E53 2006
Encyclopedia of Aging. 2002
Four volume encyclopedia with 400 entries on all aspects of aging. Most articles include bibliographies. It has an index, outline of contents, and a list of authors.
Mugar HQ1061 E534 2002
Profiles in Gerontology: a Biographical Dictionary. 1995
Profiles of 300 people who are important in the field of gerontology. Includes educational and career information for each entry. Has name and subject indexes.
Mugar Reference XHQ1064 U5A624 1995
Dictionary of Eldercare Terminology. 2000
Includes almost 1,000 entries that address non-medical terms used in eldercare. Entries range from several lines to several pages long. Has topical indices.
Mugar Reference XHV1461 F45 2000
Encyclopedia of Gerontology. 2007
Two volume encyclopedia that includes articles on numerous aspects of aging. Has an index and list of contributors.
Mugar Reference XRC952.5 E58 2007 (Also available online)
The Encyclopedia of Elder Care. 2008
Includes articles on nursing home care, rehabilitation, home care, social services, case management, and assisted living. Has a list of references as well as subject and contributor indexes.
Mugar Reference XRC954 E53 2008
- Age Data. U.S. Census Bureau
- National Archive of Computerized Data on Aging
- Profile of Older Americans. U.S. Administration on Aging
- Aging Statistics. U.S. Administration on Aging
- AARP The web page of the American Association of Retired Persons includes articles on many topics related to aging. It also has the full text of Congressional testimonies by representatives from AARP.
- Administration on Aging Includes many links to web sites on aging. Also has information on legislation related to the aging.
- ElderWeb Provides access to information on many aspects of eldercare, including financial, legal, housing, and medical issues. Has links to full text articles from a variety of sources, including agencies, newspapers, and journals.
- The Gerontological Society of America In addition to providing information about the Society and various aspects of gerontology, this site includes links to a number of online resources.
- GRADSCHOOLS.COM Provides information on gerontology programs in the United States and other countries. It also has information on distance learning programs.