Boston: Works Progress Administration: FAP, FMP, FTP, FWP, PWAP
Federal Art Project 1935-1943 (FAP)
- Massachusetts Federal Art Project : a case study in government support for art . Edith A. Tonelli. Boston University, Ph.D. Thesis. 1981. BU
- New Deal/WPA Art in Massachusetts
- WPA Posters. American Memory, Library of Congress. Type “Boston” in search box. Most of the posters advertize exhibitions at the Federal Art Gallery, 50 Beacon St. and 77 Newberry St.
Federal Music Project 1935-1939, 1939-1943 (FMP)
- Dickson, Harry Ellis. Beating time : a musician’s memoir. c1995. Music Library ML418.D42 A3 1995.
- Commonwealth Federal (Boston) (NNDA)
- State Symphony (Boston) (NNDA)
Federal Theatre Project 1935-1939 (FTP)
American Memory, Library of Congress. Images included.
- Macbeth. Boston Production. January 31 – March 4, 1939
- Tragical History of Dr. Faustus. Boston Production. November 22, 1937
- Ethnicity and the New Deal: Italian Language Theatre Sponsored by the Federal Theatre Project in Boston, 1935-1939 (Massachusetts). Christopher Charles Newton. Tufts University, Ph. D. Thesis, 1994 BU May be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan.
- Staging the people: Revising and reenvisioning community in the Federal Theatre Project. Elizabeth Ann Osborne. University of Maryland, College Park, Ph.D. Thesis, 2007. Includes discussions of the FTP Boston productions of Created Equal and Lucy Stone on pages 108-214. BU Full-text available online.
Federal Writers’ Project 1935-1943 (FWP)
- Almanack for Bostonians, 1939. being a truly amazing and edifying COMPENDIUM….by Workers of the Federal Writers’ Project. (IA) Click for sample page.
- “Around the Golden Dome,” in Here’s New England: a guide to vacationland (1939). Federal Writers’ Project. American Guides Series (IA)
- Boston Looks Seaward: The Story of the Port 1630-1940. Compiled by the Writers of the Writers’ Program of the Work Po=rojects Administration in the State of Massachusetts, 1941.American Guides Series (IA) Also available in print Mugar Library F73.63 .F41.
- Massachusetts: a guide to its places and people.(IA) Federal Writers’ Project of the Works Progress Administration of Massachusetts. American Guides Series. Also available in print: Mugar Library F70 .F37 and in a new edition: The WPA guide to Massachusetts : the Federal Writers’ Project guide to 1930s Massachusetts / with a new introduction by Jane Holtz Kay ; written and compiled by the Federal Writers’Project of the Works Progress Administration for the State of Massachusetts. Mugar Library F62.3 .M37 1983
- WPA guides : mapping America. Christine Bold. Mugar Library E175.4 .B65 1999