Abortion, Contraception, and Reproductive Rights
This is a guide to finding library and other resources on the topic of abortion, contraception, and reproductive rights.
Search for Journal Articles and Dissertations
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Sociological Abstracts
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service)
- Women’s Studies International.
- Index to Legal Periodicals & Books
- Hein Online Law Journal Library
- LexisNexis Academic (select Advanced Options; choose Law Reviews)
Searching Across Disciplines
- Law, Policy, and Reproductive Autonomy. 2013.
- Abortion in the United States: A Compilation of Federal and State Laws. 2013.
- Widening Regional Divide over Abortion Laws (Pew Research Center, 2013).
- Free Exercise of Religion by Closely Held Corporations: Implications of Burwell v.Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
- Free Exercise of Religion by Secular Organizations and Their Owners: Implications for the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Abortion and Women’s Health: A Selected Bibliography. 2014.
- Abortion from the Religious and Moral Perspective: An Annotated Bibliography. 2003.
- Battleground: Women, Gender, and Sexuality. 2 vols. 2008.
- CQ Researcher: Abortion Debates. 2014.
- CQ Researcher: Religion and Law. 2014.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (courtesy of the Massachusetts Library System)
- Encyclopedia of Abortion in the United States. 2002.
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics. 3rd ed. 2004.
- Encyclopedia of Birth Control. 2000.
- Encyclopedia of Women and Gender: Sex Similarities and Differences and the Impact of Society on Gender. 2 vols. 2001.
- Historical and Multicultural Encyclopedia of Women’s Reproductive Rights in the United. States. 2002.
- Reproductive Issues in America: A Reference Handbook. 2003.
- Routledge International Encyclopedia of Women: Global Women’s Issues and Knowledge. 4 vols. 2000.
The search box below is a custom search created in Google to search think tank content; it is in no way complete, but may provide a useful starting point.
Browse Books and eBooks on . . .
- abortion government policy United States
- abortion law AND legislation United States
- reproductive rights United States
- abortion prevention
- birth control United States
- abortion political aspects
- contraception United States
- reproductive rights
- family size government policy
- pro-choice movement
- pro-life movement
- abortion moral AND ethical aspects
- surrogate motherhood
Statistics and Public Opinion Data
- American Values Atlas
- CDC’s Reproductive Health Information Source: Surveillance and Research: Abortion.
- CDC FastStats: Contraceptive Use
- Alan Guttmacher Institute Data Center.
- Contraceptive Use in the United States (Alan Guttmacher Institute).
- The Roper Center For Public Opinion Research.
- ProQuest Statistical Insight.
- The Penguin Atlas of Women in the World . 2009.
- United Nations Abortion Policies: A Global Review.
- Alan Guttmacher Institute.
- American Civil Liberties Union Reproductive Freedom Project.
- Americans United for Life.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights.
- Health Care & Reproductive Rights, National Women’s Law Center
- Mass NARAL.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America.
- National Abortion Federation.
- National Right to Life Committee.
- NOW and Abortion Rights/Reproductive Issues.
- Reproductive Rights Prof Blog
- Women’s Health, Sexual & Reproductive Rights, Amnesty International