African Studies Association
The African Studies Library collects the programs of the African Studies Association annual meetings. The Programs are located in the Pamphlets Section of the African Studies Library.
Boston University holdings of papers presented can be found in the 6th floor stacks at Folio DT 1.5 A422. Some years are available on microfilm in the basement at DT 1.5 A422. See catalog for exact holdings.
NOTE: Not all papers delivered at ASA meetings were released for distribution. ASA has not distributed papers from the meetings for many years. See the ASA Web site for more information on the organization.
- 2011 (54th) Washington, D.C. November 16-19, 2011. Fifty Years of African Liberation.
- 2010 (53rd) San Francisco. November 18-21, 2010. African Diaspora and Diasporas in Africa
- 2009 (52nd) New Orleans. November 19-22, 2009. Africa at the Crossroads
- 2008 (51st ) Chicago. November 13-16, 2008. Knowledge of Africa: The next Fifty Years
- 2007 (50th) New York. October 18-21, 2007. 21st Century Africa: Evolving Conceptions of Human Rights
- 2006 (49th) San Francisco. November 16-19, 2006. (Re) Thinking Africa and the World: Internal Reflections, External Responses
- 2005 (not owned)
- 2004 (47th ) New Orleans. November 11-14, 2004. The Power of Expression: Identity, Language, and Memory in Africa and the Diaspora. (Joint meeting with the Canadian Association of African Studies)
- 2003 (46th ) Boston. October 30-November 2, 2003. Youthful Africa in the 21 st Century
- 2002 (45th )Washington, DC. December 5-8, 2002. Africa in the Information and Technology Age
- 2001 (44th) Houston, TX. November 15 – 18, 2001. Africa and the African Diaspora: Past, Present, Future
- 2000 (43rd ) Nashville, TN. November 16-19, 2000. People and Power in the 21 st Century Africa
- 1999 (42nd )Philadelphia, PA. November 11-14, 1999. Listening to and Interpreting Africa for the New Millenium
- 1998 (not owned)
- 1997 (40th ) Columbus, OH. November 12-16, 1997. ASA and Africa: The First Forty Years and Beyond
- 1996 (39th ) San Francisco. November 23-26, 1996. The Challenges of Renewal in Africa
- 1995 (38th ) Orlando, FL. November 3-6, 1995.Africa in Comparative Perspective
- 1994 (37th )Toronto, CA. November 3-6, 1994. Reconfiguring Africa
- 1993 (36th ) Boston, MA. December 4-7, 1993. Ecology and Environmental Issues in Africa
- 1992 (35th ) Seattle, WA. November 20-23, 1992. Rethinking Perspectives and Policies
- 1991 (34th ) St. Louis, MO. November 23-26, 1991.
- 1990 (33rd ) Baltimore, MD. November 1-4, 1990. Africa: Development and Ethics
- 1989 (32nd ) Atlanta, GA. November 2-5, 1989.
- 1988 (not owned)
- 1987 (30th ) Denver, CO. November 19-23, 1987. A Review of the Liberation Struggle in Africa: Thirty Years of “Freedom”
- 1986 (not owned)
- 1985 (not owned)
- 1984 (27th )Los Angeles, CA. October 25-29, 1984.
- 1983 (not owned)
- 1982 (25th ) Washington, DC. November 4-7, 1982. The United States and Africa: Partners or Adversaries in Development?
- 1981 (not owned)
- 1980 (23rd ) Philadephia, October 15-18, 1980. Change and Contrasts: New Directions and Traditional Ties in Africa
- 1979 (22nd ) Los Angeles, CA. October 31 – November 3, 1979. Africa and the Media: Changing Aspects of Communication
Earlier catalogs (1969-1978) may be available from the University of Illinois or from Stanford.